As part of our Sacred Impulse at Friends of the River Medway, we are seeking to re-introduce the Old Ways of Ceremony and Warm Gratitude to our community.
On Sunday the 1st May 2022, we invite all to come together in intentionalised co-creativity to offer our authentic Energy and Prayer as a living Power to the River Medway and to celebrate and give thanks to Her Waters and indeed, to all the waters of this world.
This is to be carried out in an atmosphere of fun, love and creativity – in the true May Day spirit of the Celebration of warmth and Transformation.
Please join us for this very special event suitable for all ages and enjoy:
Traditional Maypole dancing, Crowning of the May Queen and King, Live Music, Community Singing, impressive raffle and delicious refreshments
The opportunity of taking part in a unique Ceremony to connect with the River where a Wealdland Clay Goddess will be gifted to the Waters, as in our ancient past.
The time of just watching spectacle and ceremony is over – the time to be part of it and co-create a future that we all seek to live in, is here!
Attendance is by donation, all of which go toward our River Projects and further community events.
A very warm welcome awaits,
FORM - Friends of the River Medway
- A mug, bowl and cutlery for food & drinks
- Flowers to offer to the Shalesbrook
- Cash for the raffle and food & drinks (donation-based)
Our amazing community have once again offered some wonderful prizes; thank you so much to each and every one of you for your generosity! Includes:
- Breath work session with @Nicola Moore
- Cake to order from Baking by Mr & Mrs T
- Online yoga course Becki Jane Moore
- Shamanic art worth £50 Gleu Yew
- Yoga mat @Diego
- Artisan coffee Coffee Buzz
- Two homemade jam pots Ray's Jams
- A raw chocolate making kit The Seasons Forest Row
- A year’s membership to Singing Mama’s worth £240 @Kate Valentine
- A copy of The Old Ways, Robert Macfarlane from The Bookshop
- Wine from The Secret Cellar Wine Merchant
- Apple juice from Shearer's Fine Foods
And so much more!
There are limited spaces at the venue, so please consider parking at the following spaces to ensure that those who are less able to walk have priority.
In order of distance (from closest to furthest).
- Post Horn Lane (5 minute walk)
- Chapel Lane (10 minute walk)
- Tompsets Banks Car Park (10 minute walk)
- Forest Row Community Centre Car Park (20 minute walk)
- Forest Row Lower Road Car Park (i.e. next to Co-op & The Seasons) (20 minutes)
If coming from Chapel Ln:
1) Go up Chapel Ln
2) Turn left onto Shalesbrook Ln
3) Follow the road down and then follow the signs
If coming from Post Horn Ln:
1) Follow Post Horn Ln down until you see a small (inconspicuous) bridge on your left
2) Follow the path up the hill, which will lead you onto the golf course
3) Take the first right down the broken track and across the bridge
4) Follow the signs
12:00pm - Gates open
Food and drinks (available throughout the event)
12:30 - May King & May Queen crowned
Connecting to the River Goddess
Procession of the River Goddess and flower ceremony
2:30 - Drawing of the raffle
3:00 - Event closes
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/274269354912654?ref=newsfeed